Yahoo mail beta
Posted on Apr 25, 2006
I used this awesome trick to get on the yahoo mail beta. it is pretty cool. a nice rich interface for mail. I don’t like it as much as gmail - but it is really nice. I think gmail seems snappier - but it may just be the amount of color and “chrome” that yahoo man versus the minimal interface that gmail is offering.
If anyone would like to try out the beta themselves just follow these instructions:
How to change your content preference:
- log in to Yahoo Mail
- click Options
- select Account information from the left panel
- go to Member Information, General Preferences, Preferred Content
- select, for example, Yahoo UK
- click Finished
- go to Yahoo Mail
- you'll see a page that says "It's the New Yahoo! Mail Beta... and you're invited."
- click on "Try Beta Now".
- Then do everything again but change your preferred content back to US
So there. Not hard. It took me 5 minutes to switch to the beta. Check it out.