Twapp - a quick hack to update and view twitter
Posted on Dec 7, 2006
Tonight after work I decided to whip up a quick twitter client in C#. I love C#. It is so fun and easy. I have never done web work in it, but love writing applications. So tonight I just sat down and slugged through the idea.
You can check it out at: http://flashandburn.net/twapp
The idea behind the client is a small application that will sit in your taskbar and constantly update you on your friend timeline. It will also allow you to easily update your timeline without upsetting your flow. It isn’t as feature full as i wanted it - but soon it will be more so. It works pretty good and doesn’t have TOO many bugs.
This is the prelude to the REAL twitter app i want to make - which will take your twitter status and update all your IM clients with that status. This way you can set your IM status from away. If anyone knows a decent way to write GOOD gaim plugins without me brushing up my C++ skills - let me know (and using perl is not a good way, its a solution - but i want style and pretty things).
Ok. I need to go home and eat FOOD!. This is the first blog post in awhile that i didn’t use the window live writer for.
- Linux distribution for older folks. published on Dec 5, 2006
- stuff.harperreed.org. Last nights web-dev itch published on Nov 24, 2006
- Hacking mobile voicemail with Asterisk and caller ID spoofing published on Sep 24, 2006
- Thoughts about The DECK and PageRank. published on Sep 18, 2006
- How to sync your phone, iCal and Google Calendar together. published on Jul 24, 2006