The longest time with no Internet in recent memory
Posted on Jan 4, 2007
So I just got back from visiting Hiromi's relatives in the Yamanashi prefecture. We had a big New Years celebration and had a lot of fun. As you may or may not know, in Japan, New Years is quite big. It is a lot like a combination of Thanksgiving and Christmas. So while I was away for New Years, I had no access to the Internet. For almost 4 days. It was really neat. I didn't think about email or my servers or work or anything for 4 days. well... maybe 3 days.. the last day I was starting to get a bit antsy - but I made it.
There is no such thing as Internet addiction. hah.
More on my japan trip later. If you want, I have created a set of pictures I have taken thus far.
- Pen Island Pens! published on Dec 13, 2006
- Last night was insane: tags car is broken, hung out with cool peeps published on Nov 12, 2006
- Shutting out the Sun: an interesting book about Japan published on Oct 16, 2006
- Relaxing weekend published on Oct 15, 2006
- the most insane thing happened today on the train published on Sep 18, 2006