Chocolate Vegan Cake
Posted on Jan 19, 2007
So at lunch today we were talking about vegan food and I remembered this excellent vegan chocolate cake recipe that my family made for the holidays. It is so good. I remember when we had bunches of non-vegan cakes and pies - this one was always the first to get eaten (the majority of my family is not vegan). Soo good. Anyway - here is the recipe - straight from my mom:
Chocolate Vegan CakeI hope you like it. I have posted the recipe to Google docs - you should always be able to get the latest version (with any additions my mother or Hiromi makes) by visiting the most recently published version.My mother offers that it is really good with frosting (if you are not vegan). Let me know how it turns out.
Directions: Preheat oven 375 degrees. Use small brownie sized pan, (no greasing required.) Mix all dry ingredients right in pan. Mix all wet ingredients in a separate bowl EXCEPT VINEGAR, (IMPORTANT.) Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until all dry ingredients are mixed. Add vinegar quickly and stir in ——immediately put in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool and then EAT!
- 1 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon vinegar
Have a happy day!
- The longest time with no Internet in recent memory published on Jan 4, 2007
- Pen Island Pens! published on Dec 13, 2006
- Last night was insane: tags car is broken, hung out with cool peeps published on Nov 12, 2006
- Shutting out the Sun: an interesting book about Japan published on Oct 16, 2006
- Relaxing weekend published on Oct 15, 2006