Flickr Gallery for facebook.
Posted on Jun 4, 2007
So I decided to jump in and write a facebook application. It was really fun and pretty easy. For those of you who haven’t been following this, Facebook released development kit for their site that allows third parties to develop applications that reside inside of facebook’s website. It is pretty nifty.
So I used the framework I currently write software with. A mix of smarty and a solid DB abstraction layer, and modified it to work with facebook. It was relay fun and easy.
Check out my application here and go ahead and add it. It is a really simple gallery that encapsulates some Flickr functions inside of facebook. it also allows you to publish your recently updated pictures to your profile. I will be modifying it to allow you to publish a random set of pictures, or to publish a specific set.
It was really easy and I can see how powerful this will be in the future. I think I will be spending some time in the near future writing a threadless app. Stay tuned.
- Online games are killing me: weewar and scrabulous published on Jun 4, 2007
- Our first CSA experience: Freshpicks.com published on May 28, 2007
- My thoughts on the OLPC. published on May 27, 2007
- I have a idea on the tip of my tongue published on May 27, 2007
- Weekend blues published on May 26, 2007