A vibrant music community has been ended
Posted on Oct 23, 2007
Pretty insane. Oink has been raided and the owner has been arrested.
Oink was a really neat tracker. It was apparently fast, clean and super easy. Apparently it was the biggest private bittorrent tracker. Around 180k users. That is a lot of dedicated users.
It taught a bunch of people I know about bittorrent. It was used by anyone from joe smoe to actual musicians. It was a huge music community.
It is a bummer that it is gone. But I imagine something better will pop up shortly. What a sad day for music.
- A email response from a friend published on Oct 17, 2007
- Tell him to stay in his tree published on Oct 17, 2007
- Everyday, because of the internet, I am discovering new music published on Oct 9, 2007
- No. 10: Medical Pot and the Iraq Veteran published on Sep 26, 2007
- IRC is a very strange place published on Sep 17, 2007